Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Something I've been playing with as of late...


How do you represent the hardest thing a person can possibly represent, themselves? The problem is, I want to make myself a website that is sort of a collection of my own work...weather it be because I want to use as a resume site, personal site, or something else entirely (I think I just want a piece of real estate in this world with my name on it, virtual or not.) I have tried many designs over the past what I would say nine years if you included the ones thought up with Taylor..All of them were scrapped save one which ended up as the idea for Dave's site ( www.davidgroseclose.com ) And again I am plagued with the question of how I should represent myself. I have to say that I am sort of digging my logo, which was on here before and can be seen in the SCAD work folder. So this summer I have been playing around with yet another idea. I am not going to show you the entire thing, just a little sample of it. A few details on the site is that it would be completely done in Flash, inspired by Rauschenberg (probably way off on spelling of that), and consist of the idea, "me, in some form." The following image is just a clip (scrap, piece, fragment) from the final still of the opening keyframe. Again this, like the others, would probably hit the cutting room floor...But I figure hell, might as well share what has been floating around my brain.

1 comment:

chels said...

it's "whether". not "weather"...