Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Short Journey to Savannah - Day Four

The fourth day of our journey could best be described as a race to the finish. We were sick of driving and wanted very much to be in what would soon be called 'our town.' We left Montgomery with the truck rumblin' and ramblin'. I didn't quite feel well so Chelsea took the wheel and we were located about an hour outside of Georgia. It didn't take long before we crossed that state line and Georgia was on our mind. Along our way we stopped at a peach orchard where Chelsea's mom picked up some peach ice cream and I of course tried a bacon cheeseburger. Just past the orchard was a big accident in which a logging truck lost his logs. They had tumbled all over the road and we were stuck in the middle of nowhere for about thirty minutes. I was fearing of the truck dying but it did ok. On the road, I contacted the landlords and we arranged for us to get the keys to our new house! We were both excited to finally get to see it.

Around four, we reached our town. We headed to the house and got to see it. It is quite nice and I am excited to be able to start moving in. Right now it is an empty palette to start throwing stuff in. We meet our landlords and they seemed quite nice. I think we both got very lucky on our rental property. We did have our first visitor also today. On the right side of the house and outside we saw a huge spider. It had a two foot long web extending from the side of our house to a huge oak tree on the side of our yard. It is disgusting. As for the house, Chelsea is absolutely in love with it. I am happy she is happy, but right now the house is not quite like a home. I know it will get there when we get settled.
After a bit of checking out the house and meeting the neighbor, we left the house for dinner. The neighbor is a man best described as a hater of t-shirts but should invest in one. He sits on his porch and watches the day go by. Nice enough and good to have around to keep an eye on the neighborhood.

For dinner we met up with Nicki and Jim for a burger at B & D Burger. It was great because they were able to let us bring the dog. It was also great to meet up with the Hansens before they left for Greenbay on Friday. And I can never past down a good burger joint. I would have to say that this is a recommendation on my part. They have about 15 different types of burgers to soothe any one's choice of toppings. Even Chelsea's dad got a rendition of what we called a 'pizza burger' that he used to create when he was younger. While I am not as adventurous and there was no cheesy bacon cheeseburger they were able to get me a bacon cheeseburger, my favorite. Chelsea also pointed out to me that they have a kid's meal area that doubles as the starving student section for cheaper meals for the hungry students everywhere. We went to bed on quite a full stomach. Good night and well eats.

No comments: