Saturday, May 31, 2008

Things are abound to happen


Now every once and a while we get people that either visit us or do something for us that is well out of our ordinary routine. For these such occasions we try and come up with a little thank you. So I suppose this is the result of what happens when someone visits us (hint hint Taylor and Andrea)! A couple days ago we had the pleasure of having Chelsea's dad's cousin come into town. It was great to have them here as we hadn't seen anyone in a while and well they were a blast to visit with. They took us out to dinner at Tubby's on River street. We left the house around seven and figured we would get home around ten or so. Well we ended up visiting with them until about midnight. We were just hanging out on a nice cool night in the restaurant. It was a day in between my finals so I didn't have much to worry about. It was such a delight to have them here. So we made a little thank you card. This isn't the first one I've made. I made a charcoal sketch of Mickey Mouse for Nicki and Jim (Avid Disney fans - and btw the sketch was awesome!). They are basically like second parents to us out here, and they never had to be. I also made a thank you card for just hanging out with Blaine and Ginger - at a time when we definitely needed a friend to hang out with. The thing that is different about this one is Chelsea and I both made it. A little burned out from work I devised a plan to get Chelsea to do her favorite thing...become a tourist in her own town. I handed her the camera and told her to take pictures of everything she wanted...and from there I would make something with it. This got us out of the house on a Friday afternoon and we just walked around downtown (a wonderful sight to see I must say). You can just meander and not have a care in the world. This is a picture down Drayton street I believe, and when I saw it I just immediately imagined text filling in that bright white sky. Really, with the architecture in Savannah, you don't have to do much with it. I dig it.

On a side note, in the post earlier this evening about cafepress, I found a better website. So the shirts are there now too and you can select what type of shirt you want it on. You can also select different colors, its pretty awesome. so check it out! Rylan's Zazzle Page Oh and make sure to promote the hell out of me :) thanks

No comments: