Friday, March 28, 2008

Movie Review: No Reservations

So we picked this one up on the Blockbuster pass and thought we would give it a whirl. I have to say I enjoyed the film although a little predictable at times, it's story kept my interest. What seemed interesting to me is that the story carried in very serious undertone with the death of the young girl's mother and her hard acceptance of this coming to pass. It almost seemed to weigh down the movie a bit and even perhaps give it a little depth rather then a straight romantic comedy. I only found it hard after the scene would switch to happy times again and the transition seemed a bit abrupt to me. It was almost trying to dance in two genres (drama and comedy) without ever fully becoming one. Not to say that anything is wrong with that - but I suppose it surprised me a little. On another note, Aaron Eckhart is a wonderful actor that is often overlooked in many of his roles and does a great job in this one. The movie is a decent renter and was rather funny that the special features included a couple Food Network episodes.

No comments: