Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Book Review: My Boring Ass Life

Now something like this doesn't come along every day...a book review from yours truly. But since Spring Break allowed me to actually read some pages I feel that it is necessary to write even more words about the words I have read to help explain what I just might have thought about said words. What I'm meaning to say is I think I like talking to myself and here is a book review:

My Boring Ass Life
details the daily life of the writer/director Kevin Smith as he wrote down his life in a blog and then published said blog entries. Each entry is a day in the life that can be as mundane as anyone's life to the high-life of a great and wonderful movie star. Stemming from a message board question of what Kevin Smith actually does all day, the writer proceeded to log his life. While his daily bathroom rituals may have dragged on a bit, I found Smith's humorous anecdotes and touching stories of friends and family, a great and interesting read. A fan of his film work, and especially the film Evening with Kevin Smith, I found this book an extension of the film that took you above and beyond the quick stories from college gatherings. His knack for crafting a story keeps you intrigued and laughing.

No comments: