Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Short History of Time Passed, Part 2


September 1st, 2007 Continued...
I left off back at us at home and finished with our day of exploring. That night my parents had made reservations at a restaurant on River Street called Boar's Head. It was a delightful meal and we got to view the river from our table. I order a green drink to enjoy my birthday party and had a steak with mashed potatoes because its delicious. My parents picked me up a card that has a dog on it. For my birthday Chelsea bought me a messenger bag from Fossil. I love it and it has been really handy around school. Not to mention I look damn hip. Oh yeah, thanks Deedee for the birthday call and Taylor and Andrea!

September 2nd, 2007
It rained...We unpacked some more...and then at night it cleared and we went on a ghost tour. Our tour guide was this crazy lady that had a hellish cackle of a laugh. The ride itself was kind of fun, they take you around downtown and tell a few stories of Savannah's 'other' residents. My suggestion is to read, yes, read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil and you get most if not all of these stories (at least I'm told from a pretty good source, i.e. Chelsea) Not to mention I hear its a mighty fine book. One thing the ghost tour offered, besides the comical guide(with insanely bad jokes, which only she and me seemed to laugh at), is they took us inside a real haunted house. The Sorrell-Weed house has been on many TV shows for its haunted nature and also has a very...interesting tour guide as well. This lady, the one that toured us around the house, must have been a has-been, never made it to the big screen but always dreamed, actress. Her speech about the house was as we say, a little too dramatic. She was quite a laugh and fun to listen to. The ghost tour was a present to me from Chelsea's parents and was a very fun night. This passage does have a very unforunte ending however....but more about that later...
....
..
MURDER! (inside joke here and relates to the tour lady)

No comments: