Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Short Journey to Savannah - Day Two

Our morning began with yawns and half opened eye lids. I would have to say that it wasn't the most pleasant of sleeping arrangements and I think Chelsea would agree with me. The Culpeppers have four kids, two girls and two boys. For sleeping arrangements, Chelsea and I got to sleep on the girl's two twin beds. The dog, she had her little travel bed, the bigger one is on its way to Savannah with the pod people. Even though they were small, the Culpeppers were quite nice to allow us to use their house for the night and I thank them. I don't know them as much as Chelsea and her parents do, and its great to have help along the way, they took me in with kindness and welcome. A quick stop at the golden arches and then we were off - to the most farmland I have ever seen. I question if this is the dreaded drive made infamous by stories of the Texas landscape. I later found out that it was. We are close to Weatherford, TX and that means lunch and everyone knows how I feel about that. Until next time...




I would have to say lunch was quite tasty. We stopped at a wonderful BBQ place and I was able to get a delicious pulled pork sandwich. A small highlight on the dull drive of Texas. I am trying to tell you of some great story that happened along the way, but really there is nothing. Texas is big...that's all I got. We ended day two in Shreveport, LA. We stayed at La Quinta and I have to say I am impressed with their hotel chain. For dinner, we ventured out to find some dinner, but we weren't all that hungry. Chelsea's parents had dined at a catfish restaurant down the street which they enjoyed. We went out walking trying to find something...if anything that catches our fancy. We came across a restaurant called "Becca's" that offered a variety of different menu items. Such entrees included: catfish, craw fish, frog legs, or fried gator. Not my cup of tea. As Chelsea says, "Welcome to the South!"
We walked back to the room with no dinner and not really minding it. We were able to get some internet in the room and the adventure outdoors stopped after that. Good night in the bayou.

No comments: