Monday, August 27, 2007

A Short Journey to Savannah - Day One


A day starts all a buzz as we take to the road and head out to the rest of our lives. I'd say we are the worst at goodbyes, but we tried our best. It's hard leaving everything you've had behind. I think my mom took it the worst. A weak point in our usual strong demeanor. In the parking lot of Burger King, we leave Tucson behind and set sail for Savannah. Chelsea's parents are on lead and for the next four days a yellow VW bug is our main view. While we all wish that our travels are without incident and over as fast as possible; nothing ever goes as planned. Although I have to say that seeing the Arizona landscape is quite fascinating. We drive past downtown Tucson and next time I visit, I-10 better be complete. I know it won't, but here's to wishful thinking. Goodbye Tucson - Hello never never land.

Although most of the drive is without character, I did enjoy the drive through Texas Canyon. Ironically, it's in Arizona, but the smooth and unique rocks look beautiful among the nothingness of a vast, and endless highway. Lola has been quite a good puppy. Always the perfect passenger on any trip. She did have a little excitement of her own. Perhaps it was Lordsburg or maybe somewhere else. I am writing from memory so its kind of a blur. Well at one of our stops, Lola found out the annoyance of stepping in gum. She was alright though, no harm done. Personally, I think it gave her a snack for the rest of the day. But that dog is a mess to be made.

2 comments:

Tomas Wong said...

Hey Rylan, way to go. Not sure if I'm reading this correctly. Burger King was your last meal here? I hope you at least received a cool kids meal toy.

Take care and have fun in Never Neverland. Kick butt in school, use plenty of action scripts and buttons; in fact, create a button to get you coffee in the morning. And get a wii so I can see you on the "strikers" field.

I'll be keeping a good watch on your blog.

The Watcher

Rylan Francis said...

ahaha Tomas....You should eat done there in my honor, ride the donkey down there to be sure. Burger King was my last Tucson meal before we left. I didn't get a kids meal and in fact it was quite disgusting. I am not a fan of the King's food. Thanks for the comment man! Keep up the good work creating the pink packages and maybe someday I will see you on the field. Now back to my action scripts...