Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One Year

So its been over a year since we started this blog, a year since we moved to Savannah, a year on our grand adventure. And while I haven't posted in a while, I see that Chelsea has posted up a few things - to make sure all you readers out there aren't too bored. I suppose for this post I must reiterate some things that Chelsea mentioned, and perhaps somethings that were left unsaid. In true form, it will probably be as long as a book, so get a drink and perhaps some breakfast because here it goes.
So yes, Chelsea bought me a Wii for my birthday. And I am under the firm belief that it is one of the best game systems ever made. It is so simple to use, yet fun at the same time. The best part of it all, is it gets you off the couch and (heaven forbid) actually moving. Oh the interactivity. Our first night with the Wii was spent on the ever popular Wii Sports. To my surprise, Chelsea actually got in on the gaming action and she is damn good. We played quite a few rousing rounds of bowling that first night - and I say I was not the winner. Granted I rock at the baseball and boxing. But she does throw a mean virtual bowling ball. And did I mention how awesome a girlfriend she is for buying me such a wonderful gift? Awesome, indeed. One second, it's my turn to bowl...
As far as work goes, I've been working hard on trying to complete the website for indulge catering. At this moment its still got a bit to go, but is looking pretty good. I set up the hosting plan and domain so its live - but let's call it a beta version until it's finished. It's also using a new Google Analytic code, not quite sure what that entails quite yet but I guess I'll have to wait and see. Anyway, you can check it out over at http://www.indulgesavannah.com I won't go into the boring details of the design or anything - most of it you've seen before in previous entries. Just basically an extension of the pre-existing theme. So I guess I will move forward, and in this case would be backward in time to my birthday and all the fun we had.
Jump back to August 28th and please welcome my parents to Savannah, GA. They decided to come visit me for my birthday. They got in about 4pm, which gave us enough time to set their stuff down at the house and then run down to River Street to grab a bite to eat. Always a good choice, we decided to take my parents to Tubby's Tankhouse. Chelsea met us downtown as she was getting her hair done and wouldn't be able to meet us for a while. So while waiting for Chelsea, my parents and I cruised the shops along River Street, poking our heads into the candy stores to get our own Praline samples. This is at which my dad exclaimed that he had never tried a Praline before (even though he has probably tried them 3 or 4 times - losing his mind I fear). As far as our dinner goes, I feel my parents weren't impressed. My mom, not a seafood fan, ordered a steak and found it bland. My dad ordered fried shrimp and ate em up but would find better shrimp before the trip was through. We left River Street, and headed back to the house to which an excited dog waited to see her Grandparents. At this point I am going to have to cut myself off, as my bed is calling me. I will try and finish this little number tomorrow. Until then, happy adventuring.

1 comment:

kerrie said...

You guys are funny. And yep, I'm actually reading this during breakfast. Got my OJ and my PB Captain Crunch.

You guys are really lucky to be on such an adventure. It's good for your soul. But then again, so are burgers!